Safety and courtesy are essential to making the most of a workout. Following are the Pelican Bay Fitness Center’s rules and regulations.
Provide rules and regulations governing the use of personal fitness facilities and services.
2. General Policies
2.1. Personal fitness services in the Fitness Center are managed exclusively by the Pelican Bay Foundation. Only authorized trainers, therapists, and instructors under contract with the Foundation will provide such services in the Fitness Center.
2.2. Eligible users must be properly attired to use the Fitness Center. Proper attire includes a shirt and appropriate shoes.
2.3. Cancellation of personal training appointments must be made within 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment to avoid a charge.
2.4. Refund Policy:
- Missed classes cannot be credited towards another class or refunded.
- Full monthly refunds are given when you notify the Fitness Manager before the first day of a month of your desire to cancel. There are no partial refunds.
- NO REFUNDS, credits or make-ups due to weather, with the exception of situations in which the Foundation cancels classes due to safety.
- A refund is given if there is a cancellation due to the absence of an instructor.
- Full refunds are given if a class is cancelled due to an insufficient number of participants.
- Your place is non-transferable.
2.5. As a courtesy to others, cell phones are to be silenced inside the Fitness Center. Conversations must be conducted outside the fitness areas.
All eligible users are required to attend a fitness orientation before using any equipment for the first time.
4. Hours of Operation
Eligible users may use the Fitness Center at any time during normal operating hours. Each guest must have a Guest Card for access.
5.1. Lockers are for daily use only.
5.2. Personal items should be kept in lockers at all times. Personal items may not be left at the desk for any reason. The Pelican Bay Foundation is not responsible for personal items lost or stolen.
6.1. Eligible users must swipe their Membership Card or show their Guest Card upon entry to the Fitness Center. In addition, all guests must pay a $5 daily gym usage fee for use of the Fitness Center from November 1 to May 31 before noon.
6.2. Age minimum is 13 years. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times unless working with a staff trainer or instructor.
6.3. There is a 30-minute time limit on cardiovascular equipment when others are waiting. Eligible users using weight equipment must allow others to “work through” and not monopolize individual stations.
6.4. Equipment must be returned to its racks after use.
6.5. Eligible users must wipe down equipment after heavy use. Disinfectant wipes are available throughout the Fitness Center for this purpose.