|The Pelican Bay Foundation has been closely monitoring the State of Florida and Collier County Government for their guidance on a reopening plan. As of Wednesday May 27th, the following amenities will be open:
- Restaurants: Sandbar will be open for lunch and dinner, seven days a week, implementing social distancing guidelines for table seating six feet apart and seating parties of no more than ten people. The main bar area will remain closed. However, the service bar area will be open with proper social distancing markers.
- Seating will be provided on a first-come-first-served basis. (See texting information below.) However, reservations are available for dinner only and can be made by calling the restaurant directly.
- Take-Out and curbside pick-up remain in place by calling 239-597-2781.
- Credit card transactions will only be accepted. There will be no cash handling.
- TEXT SANDBAR AT 239-597-2781 TO CIRCUMVENT CROWDING AT THE HOST STAND: While we are serving members at the restaurant on a first-come-first-served basis, it is imperative that members text the restaurant prior to arrival to determine space availability. Please text your name, the number of people in your party and requested time of arrival. Staff will text back if and when accommodations can be made for seating.
- Beaches and Trams: We have received inquiries about why the beach and trams are not operational at North Beach. This summer, North Beach was always scheduled to be closed for maintenance work. With the work that is now starting on the north facilities, contractors will have wider carts, trailers, equipment, materials and staff on the boardwalk and around Marker 36, so we need to limit use of this area to reduce traffic. While we are not running trams due to the restricted passing clearances, once we get more clarity on contractor mobilization, we may have to close all access to the north boardwalk – including pedestrians.
- South Beach will continue to be open with full beach services and equipment will be placed in compliance with social distancing guidelines. Again, please note that we are in turtle season and beach equipment will be stored according to turtle season compliance at sunset.
- Trams will continue to run seven days a week. Seating will be limited to four passengers, two rear-facing and two front-facing. Tram drivers will not physically handle member cards. However, cards will be scanned (and not swiped) with a hand device.
- Fitness Center: For all details on the reopening of the Fitness Center, click here
- Access to the Fitness Center will be by reservation only – The link to Mind Body to make a reservation is https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=223916&stype=-108&sView=day&sLoc=0
- Phone and in-person reservations will not be accepted. The maximum number of people allowed per time slot is 25
- Guests may not use the fitness center
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tennis and Retail Pro Shops: North and South Tennis facilities will continue to remain open. The retail pro shops will be opening with a 25% capacity.
- Please note that no returns on merchandise will be accepted.
- Dressing rooms will not be available for use.
- Credit cards transactions will only be accepted. (No cash.)
- There will be a sale on select fitness, tennis and leisurewear items. Red dots are 50% off the retail price, and black dots are 70% off the retail price.
- Guest Cards: We have also received questions about when the issuance of guest passes will resume. Florida begins Phase 1 of the White House reopening guidelines on Monday, May 4th. Under the Governor’s Phase 1 plan, some facilities can reopen with reduced capacities, while others are still prohibited from reopening. Non-essential travel has not been restored per the Opening Up American Again guidelines. The Foundation will continue to suspend the issuance of guest passes until the Governor issues Phase 2 reopening guidance which would include expanded facility capacities, and a resumption of non-essential travel.
- Credit Card transactions only: In the interest of safety for all of our members and staff, we will not be accepting any cash transactions and moving to credit card transactions only. This new process will apply to all Foundation establishments in which members are required to pay for fees and purchases now and when all amenities are reopened in the future.
As we know more from the State of Florida’s “Plan for Florida’s Recovery”, we will continue to keep the community apprised of any newly reinstated programs and the reopening of more facilities. Members are thanked for their cooperation in adhering to social distancing guidelines while on Foundation property.