Chelsea Computer Instructions:
- Bring up the Pelican Bay website
- Click on Amenities at the top of the page.
- Click on Tennis.
- Click on Chelsea Court Request.
- Enter your Pelican Bay MEMBER NUMBER (8 digits) If this is your first time, use the temporary password 1234 and you will be taken to a member profile page where you will enter your e-mail address and personal profile information, and change your password. If you’re having trouble logging in, read the New Security Update carefully before proceeding.
- YOUR main screen has the following choices:
MAIN / REQUEST / REVIEW/ BOOKING / PROFILE
- From this screen you will be able to make a new court REQUEST (4-45 days in advance), BOOK(ING) a court (2-3 days in advance), edit or cancel a current request, or REVIEW your requests and court assignments. Requests require that you enter two screens: ‘Court Time Info’ and ‘Player Info’. Click “Submit” to complete your request.
- Remember to keep your confirmation number when making a court request. It is the only way to get back in to edit, make changes and cancel a request.
- Chelsea processes court requests three days before play and court assignments will be e-mailed to all players who have their email address in their profile.
- Bring up the Pelican Bay website
Request – Is a request for court time, and not an actual reservation. Requests may be made far in advance of play (4 to 45 days), but requests are not processed until three days before the day you requested to play. There is no advantage to early requests other than convenience. Chelsea allocates courts on average points of the group’s players.
Booking – Once Chelsea has processed, 3 days ahead at 1:00, any available courts may be reserved by clicking on ‘Booking’. Chelsea will display, and you may book any available court time.
Processing – Chelsea processes requests three days before play. Processing is done each day around noon. Once processed, you have an actual court assignment. After processing (2-3 days ahead) you will utilize the Booking button to reserve a court. Day of courts are obtained by calling the pro shop at the facility you wish to play.
Standby List – If you did not get a court within your requested time parameter, your group will make a wait list. The wider and more flexible your time parameter, (Ex: play as early as 8:00am and as late as 11:00am) the more you will play. The pro shop will call players on the waitlist if a court becomes available.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far back does Chelsea go in my file for points?
Chelsea calculates court assignments on a “rolling,” 14-day play history.
How does Chelsea calculate points?
Chelsea averages the points of all players in the request.
I don’t play as much as others in my group, but still get bumped. Why?
If others in your group play more, they probably have higher points. Their totals increase the group’s average points.
When do I earn points?
From 8:00 to 11:59 AM. No points accrue from 12:00 noon onward.
Do I get points if I walk on or call after Chelsea has allocated courts?
Yes, if you play from 8:00 to 11:59 AM.
Do Morning Round Robin participants get points?
Do League match players accrue points?
Afternoon play accrues no points.
Do I get points if I sub for another player?
Yes. From 8:00 to 11:59 AM.
I don’t have many points but I ended up on the Overflow list. Why?
Other players in your request may have higher points than you.
We have difficulty getting our court request. We ask for 9:30 but are often on the Overflow List. Can something be done?
It’s a good idea to make wide time parameters, so even if you don’t get your first choice, you might get an earlier or later time.
I received an email confirmation of my request, but I didn’t get a court. Why?
The confirmation is an acknowledgement of the request. When Chelsea allocates court times, you will receive a Court Assignment confirmation three days prior.
My average is 4.6. How did I get the .6?
Chelsea allocates points for all play from 8:00 to 11:59 AM. Obtaining a court at your preferred time earns 1 point, while your second choice receives a fraction of a point.
I’d like to make a request, but I’m not sure of all the players. What do I do?
To make a request, you need to enter three out of the four players; and three out of the four players in the request/court assignment must be present at check-in. You have up to four days in advance of your requested date to edit the request and add in the fourth player’s name. If the fourth player is still unknown by that time, they may be entered into the request as a guest (by using your member number a second time). The “sponsor” of the guest will receive both their own points and the guest points.