It has been necessary to revise meeting room configurations in order to work within CDC guidelines regarding social distancing and safety. The result is a considerable part of each meeting room must remain open for movement. In some cases, smaller meetings will be able to successfully distance within the same space, but in others, attendance and participation will be reduced. To add, there can be no type of self-serve/buffet food service. Food and beverage can be provided if the group or organization provides a server with a face mask and gloves serving one person at a time.
- The Art Studio is open for casual use.
- Photocopies and faxes have been discontinued.
- Computers have been removed from the sitting room. Three open-use card tables remain.
- Furniture has been removed from the Veranda and tennis patio.
- One person at a time is allowed on the stairs. When trying to walk up or down, please wait to see if someone is already on the stairs.
- Only one person is allowed in the elevator. Please stand clear of the doors so that the person in the elevator can exit properly.
Activities and Events Manager, Gwen Rasiwala, will be speaking with neighborhood associations in regard to virtual meetings through our account with Zoom. Gwen will be contacting representatives from each member organization and neighborhood association to talk through the impact of the new configurations on their specific activity.
The elegantly appointed, 25,000-square-foot Community Center serves as Pelican Bay’s social, cultural and educational hub, housing the state-of-the-art Fitness Center and Wellness Studio as well as a computer lounge, art studio, tennis pro shop and two large meeting rooms.
In addition to the community’s number of member organizations, condo/homeowner associations and lively clubs call the Community Center home. For general information about the facility, social & cultural event and class registrations, or meeting room requests, call the front desk at (239) 260-8998.