With the utmost consideration for social distancing and safety, it is important to note significant changes to the accessibility and usage of the Fitness Center. Access to the Fitness Center will be by reservation only.
To that end, we will be introducing the following procedures:
(SEE RESERVATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.)
- Phone and in-person reservations will not be accepted. The maximum number of people allowed per time slot is 25.
- Guests may not use the fitness center.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Entry is exclusively through the main front doors of the Community Center. Exit will be through the side doors of the fitness center. The front doors will be programmed to function during regular fitness center hours.
- Check-in and card swipe will continue as before. All transactions will be credit card only.
- One-way traffic patterns will be in effect; indicated by blue floor tape. Please be mindful of social distancing when moving around the facility, entering and exiting.
- Demarcation lines will be marked on the lobby / hallway floor indicating proper waiting distances when needed.
- Some equipment has been removed or re-positioned to provide better distancing.
- Workout time is 50 minutes to allow for cleaning of equipment. You must be out of the facility before the next hour begins. If you finish earlier, please do not wait in the facility.
- There are no changing areas; users must come in prepared to perform their workout.
- There are no longer any shower facilities.
- You must bring your own water / containers. There are no public drinking fountains. Water is available for purchase at the deck.
- Members are required to clean equipment before and after use.
- Group exercise class capacity has been reduced.
- Staff will disinfect equipment and high-touch areas throughout the day.
The Pelican Bay Fitness Center offers first-rate equipment and facilities in order to help members achieve their fitness goals. The Equipment Room and Core Studio feature leading-edge LifeFitness and TechnoGym cardio, strength and core-training machines, while the group exercise program offers classic and unique classes in both indoor and beachfront locations. Experienced personal trainers are also on-hand for customized guidance and step-by-step support in achieving individual goals.
The Fitness Center located in the Pelican Bay Community Center is open: