Several of you have contacted our office regarding the waitlist on the Eventbrite Collier FDOH website for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Please note and this is important to remember:
- No one can be waitlisted for future events at this time.
- If you are on the waitlist for cancellations of already booked appointments, you will receive an email and will have a 12-hour notice to secure the appointment. This waiting list is only for cancellations specific to date and time of already booked appointments
It is important to monitor the Florida Department of Health in Collier County website to know when the next vaccination event will begin.
Remember, it is also important to understand that the number of vaccines allocated to Collier County is controlled by the State. Florida Department of Health in Collier County planned their vaccine clinic over several days with appointment slots on each day. So please note if the day and time you choose is full, please go and choose another day and time.
Eligibility for the vaccine
This is a global pandemic and this is a Federal Government rollout of the vaccine. No one can be excluded based on residency/citizenship at this time.
Timing of the second dose
When you get your first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine (Moderna), you will receive a vaccine card reminding you of the required second dose. The Florida Department of Health in Collier County will send out a second dose reminder a week in advance of the 28-day time period established by the Moderna vaccine.
Remember to regularly check for the next rollout date on the Florida Department of Health in Collier County website.
The Florida Department of Health in Collier County will do their best to give a 24-hour notice before the Eventbrite vaccine event calendar opens up.
Future announcements will be widely advertised in relevant news sources.
Vaccine Roll Out FAQs
- Can I make an appt.?
- All vaccine clinics are full as of January 4, 2021.
- How do I make an appt.?
- Appts. are made via Evenbrite.
- When will the next vaccine clinics be available?
- As soon as the dates are available, they will be sent to local media and posted at collier.floridahealth.gov. We do not have a timeline.
- Can I show up without an appointment?
- No. Do not show up to a vaccine clinic without an appointment.
- I have 2 tickets, one for me and one for my spouse. Both tickets say my name. What should I do?
- Write the other person’s name on a ticket and bring both IDs with you at the time of your appointment.
- Events say “Sold Out”. Are you charging for the vaccine?
- There is no charge for the vaccine. The current appointment system is an event ticketing system and therefore, when all appointments are booked, it says sold out.
- What do I bring to an appointment?
- You MUST bring your ticket (print out!) and you MUST bring your ID.
- I have an appointment and I don’t need/want it. What do I do?
- Log into Eventbrite and cancel your ticket.
We understand that this is not a “perfect system”. However, in an effort to avoid long lines, long waits, etc… DOH-Collier is using an appointment based system. We will continue to receive
vaccine and encourage you to sign up for later events when posted.
Governor DeSantis Extends the State of Emergency in Florida for 60 More Days