The Pelican Bay Foundation continues to follow the COVID-19 guidelines issued by the CDC, FDOH, and Governor’s Office. This includes restrictions on bar and restaurant operations, recommended social distancing, and best practices for personal care and hygiene. However, there is another factor which impacts the Foundation’s operations, and that is the availability of staff. The combination of getting our visa workers back to their home countries while borders are still open, and decisions that other workers have made about wanting to work, have significantly limited our available staff. The following four closures are directly related to staff shortages:
- TENNIS – North & South Tennis Pro Shops are closed. The South Tennis bathroom is open but the North Tennis bathroom will remain closed. Courts are accessible but will only be groomed for maintenance purposes.
- RESTAURANTS – Marker 36 and Beach Take-Out facility are closed. However, take-out service will be provided at Sandbar.
- BEACHES – Access to all beaches remain open, however beach services and restrooms are closed at North Beach.
- TRAMS – Only service from the Commons to South Beach are able to be maintained. No other tram routes are in service.
- FOUNDATION MEETINGS – All non-essential meetings are cancelled, including:
- Facilities Committee – March 24
- Audit & Budget Committee – March 25
- Strategic Planning Committee – March 26
- PBF Board of Directors Meeting – March 27
- ANNUAL MEETING – The Annual Meeting will be conducted virtually on March 30 at 9 a.m. Members are requested to submit their questions or comments prior to the Annual Meeting no later than Friday at 5 p.m. by emailing email@example.com. Time permitting, members may have the opportunity to submit any questions or comments during the meeting. The livestream meeting will be found at www.pelicanbay.org/annualmeeting2020 beginning March 30 at 9 a.m.
Please continue to check the Foundation website for any updates.