|The Pelican Bay Foundation would like to remind members that Collier County’s mask mandate is still in effect until October 22. For the safety and wellbeing of our members, guests and employees, the Foundation will continue to implement all mask, social distancing, and sanitation protocols. It is important to note that masks must be worn upon entry of all Foundation buildings and when you are unable to exercise social distancing of six feet. As a reminder for those that are traveling back to Pelican Bay, there are no travel/quarantine restrictions at this time in Florida.
- The Foundation only accepts credit cards and is no longer able to process cash payments.
- Social distancing protocols are in effect which includes mass gatherings or overcrowding.
- Increased cleaning protocols are implemented.
- Members must wear cloth face coverings upon entry of all buildings and where signage is posted.
- In an effort to follow the CDC guidelines, and exercise caution for the health and wellbeing of our members, guests, staff and community, you will be asked to leave if you exhibit COVID-19 symptoms.
Commons (Member and Guest Services):
- There is no entry into the Commons lobby. There is a doorbell to communicate with Member and Guest Services. However, there is no entry into the building while waiting. When a staff member opens the front door, please remember to stand 6 feet away from the door to exercise proper social distancing.
- Please make any necessary arrangements ahead of time directly with Member Services at email@example.com for card renewals, closings and rentals. Cards can be delivered by mail.
- Guest card requests must be made online at http://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/ropnCDk2wrcoLgYilis9q?domain=pelicanbay.org.
- Once you have received confirmation, call 239-597-8081 to prepay with a credit card.
- Alternatively, we are able to mail your cards upon request and with a minimum one-week pre-order. Expedited cards can be done with the cost added to your order.
- Take-Out/To-Go food orders and pick-up, normally taken at the host stand, is currently shifted to the Walk-Up window at the beach ramp/multipurpose deck.
- Sandbar bar area is closed. However, you can order beverages at the walk-up window and while dining in at Sandbar.
- Reusable water bottles can be filled up at the water machines or purchase bottled water at the walk-up window at Sandbar next to the beach ramp.
- For dinner, reservations MUST be made by calling Sandbar directly at 239-597-2781. Due to limited capacity, there is a high chance that walk-ins will not be accommodated.
- Menus are digital and accessible by QR codes. They can be found on a tram, on the digital boards, or at your table.
- Sandbar now offers a texting program to communicate with the host stand about seating availability prior to your arrival. All you have to do is text the restaurant number at (239) 597-2781 directly from your mobile phone or go to the Sandbar page and use the chat bubble to send a message.
Beaches and Trams:
- Beach services are available at South Beach and will continue to operate with full hours of operation
- Social distancing is in place for beach chair, umbrella and cabana setup.
- There are no beach services provided at North Beach. However, trams are running to North Beach. (Marker 36 is closed until November.)
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed between each seat
- Trams are currently accommodating only 4 people at a time and will increase to 6 November 2nd.
- Riders must wear masks while on trams.
- Meeting rooms and activities are available under specific setup, safety and capacity measures which vary depending on the use.
- The Art Studio is open for casual use.
- Photocopies and faxes have been discontinued.
- Computers have been removed from the sitting room. Three open-use card tables remain.
- Some furniture has been removed from the Veranda to provide for greater spacing.
- One person at a time is allowed on the stairs. When trying to walk up or down, please wait to see if someone is already on the stairs.
- Only one person is allowed in the elevator. Please stand clear of the doors so that the person in the elevator can exit properly.
Fitness Center Classes:
- Class size limited to 20.
- Entry is through the Community Center doors; check in is upstairs in the Boardroom.
- Each class is $15
- Equipment will be sanitized prior to class.
- Foot traffic is one direction only and you will proceed directly up the stairs to the classroom.
- After class, you will proceed to the back exit and walk down the outside stairs by the tennis courts.
Beach Fitness Classes:
- All classes are drop-in
- Class capacity South is 25 people, North is 30. Guests are not permitted.
- There will be a 30 minute gap between classes to allow disinfecting of equipment
- Specific entry and exit protocols must be followed (in the 2021 Beach Fitness packet online)
Use of Fitness Center:
- Phone and in-person reservations will not be accepted. The maximum number of people allowed per time slot is 25. Reservations can only be made through the MindBody website here.
- Guests may not use the fitness center.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Entry is exclusively through the main front doors of the Community Center. Exit will be through the side doors of the fitness center. The front doors will be programmed to function during regular fitness center hours.
- Check-in and card swipe will continue as before. All transactions will be credit card only.
- One-way traffic patterns will be in effect; indicated by blue floor tape. Please be mindful of social distancing when moving around the facility, entering and exiting.
- Demarcation lines will be marked on the lobby / hallway floor indicating proper waiting distances when needed.
- Some equipment has been removed or re-positioned to provide better distancing.
- Workout time is 50 minutes to allow for cleaning of equipment. You must be out of the facility before the next hour begins. If you finish earlier, please do not wait in the facility.
- There are no changing areas or shower facilities.
- You must bring your own water / containers. There are no public drinking fountains. Water is available for purchase at the deck.
- Members are required to clean equipment before and after use.
- Appointments will resume through the fitness desk at 239.597.7332.
- Members are to check in at the fitness center. The only entry point is the main front door to the Community Center.
- Both therapist and member are required to wear a face mask. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided to you.
- Treatment rooms will be disinfected after every use.
- In order to maintain low-traffic patterns in the Studio, staggered 30-minute times will be used.
- Only retail & payment for services is allowed in the pro shops
- Court check-in (card swipe) and assignments using TV monitors are outside the pro shops
- Drinking fountains have been replaced with touchless water dispensers
- Beverages are available at the pro shop desk for purchase, self-serve coolers have been turned off
- Court times have been staggered by 30 minutes to reduce crowding in public areas and sidewalks
- Round-robins will be limited to four courts
- Remote payment (by phone) is available for events and activities
- Event capacity is 50 people
- Some patio/deck furniture has been removed to provide greater spacing
- Touchless hand disinfectant dispensers are stationed on the patio/deck areas