|The Pelican Bay Foundation would like to remind members and guests of COVID-19 safety-related processes at our various facilities.
- Cash is no longer accepted.
- Social distancing protocols are in effect which includes mass gatherings or overcrowding.
- Increased cleaning protocols are implemented.
- It is recommended by the CDC that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- In an effort to follow the CDC guidelines, and exercise caution for the health and well being of our members, guests, staff and community, you will be asked to leave if you exhibit COVID-19 symptoms.
- The Foundation urges everyone to practice recommended CDC personal protection
Commons (Member and Guest Services):
- There is no entry into the Commons lobby. There is a doorbell to communicate with Member and Guest Services. However, there is no entry into the building while waiting. When a staff member opens the front door, please remember to stand 6 feet away from the door to exercise proper social distancing.
- Please make any necessary arrangements ahead of time directly with Member Services at email@example.com for card renewals, closings and rentals. Cards can be delivered by mail.
- Guest card requests must be made online at www.pelicanbay.org. All members filling out the Guest Card Request Form must attest that their guests are in compliance with the travel restrictions concerning those arriving from NY, NJ or CT and that they have been in the area for 14 days prior to retrieving their guest cards.
- Once you have received confirmation, call 239-597-8081 to prepay with a credit card.
- Alternatively, we are able to mail your cards upon request and with a minimum one week pre-order. Expedited cards can be done with the cost added to your order.
- Take-Out/To-Go food orders and pick-up, normally taken at the host stand, will now be shifted to the Walk-Up window at the beach ramp/multipurpose deck.
- Sandbar bar area is closed and the walk-up window will no longer serve alcohol. If you are dining in at Sandbar, you can still order alcoholic beverages.
- Reusable water bottles can be filled up at the water and ice machines, or purchase bottled water at the walk-up window at Sandbar next to the beach ramp.
- For dinner, reservations MUST be made by calling Sandbar directly at 239-597-2781. Due to limited capacity, there is a high chance that walk-ins will not be accommodated.
- Menus are digital and accessible by QR codes. They can be found on a tram, on the digital boards, or at your table.
- Sandbar now offers a texting program to communicate with the host stand about seating availability prior to your arrival. All you have to do is text the restaurant number at (239) 597-2781 directly from your mobile phone, or go to the Sandbar page and use the chat bubble to send a message.
Beaches and Trams:
- Beach services are available at South Beach and will continue to operate with full hours of operation
- Social distancing is in place for beach chair, umbrella and cabana setup.
- There are no beach services provided at North Beach. However, trams are running to North Beach. (Marker 36 is closed until November.)
- Trams are accommodating only 4 people at a time.
- The Art Studio is open for casual use.
- Photocopies and faxes have been discontinued.
- Computers have been removed from the sitting room. Three open-use card tables remain.
- Furniture has been removed from the Veranda and tennis patio.
- One person at a time is allowed on the stairs. When trying to walk up or down, please wait to see if someone is already on the stairs.
- Only one person is allowed in the elevator. Please stand clear of the doors so that the person in the elevator can exit properly.
Fitness Center Classes:
- Class size limited to 20.
- Entry is through the Community Center doors and a staff member will check you in at the Fitness Front desk.
- Each class is $10 will be by credit card only.
- Equipment will be sanitized prior to class.
- Foot traffic is one direction only and you will proceed directly up the stairs to the classroom.
- After class, you will proceed to the back exit and walk down the outside stairs by the tennis courts.
Use of Fitness Center:
- Phone and in-person reservations will not be accepted. The maximum number of people allowed per time slot is 25. Reservations can only be made through the MindBody website here.
- Guests may not use the fitness center.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Entry is exclusively through the main front doors of the Community Center. Exit will be through the side doors of the fitness center. The front doors will be programmed to function during regular fitness center hours.
- Check-in and card swipe will continue as before. All transactions will be credit card only.
- One-way traffic patterns will be in effect; indicated by blue floor tape. Please be mindful of social distancing when moving around the facility, entering and exiting.
- Demarcation lines will be marked on the lobby / hallway floor indicating proper waiting distances when needed.
- Some equipment has been removed or re-positioned to provide better distancing.
- Workout time is 50 minutes to allow for cleaning of equipment. You must be out of the facility before the next hour begins. If you finish earlier, please do not wait in the facility.
- There are no changing areas or shower faciliites.
- You must bring your own water / containers. There are no public drinking fountains. Water is available for purchase at the deck.
- Members are required to clean equipment before and after use.
- Appointments will resume through the fitness desk at 239.597.7332.
- Members are to check in at the fitness center. The only entry point is the main front door to the Community Center.
- Both therapist and member are required to wear a face mask. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided to you.
- Treatment rooms will be disinfected after every use.
- In order to maintain low-traffic patterns in the Studio, staggered 30-minute times will be used.
For more additional guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, please visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.