As we move closer into season, here are some safety reminders before heading to any Foundation facilities.
- Cash is no longer accepted.
- Social distancing protocols are in effect which includes mass gatherings or overcrowding.
- Increased cleaning protocols are implemented.
- Members must wear cloth face coverings upon entry of all buildings and where signage is posted.
- In an effort to follow the CDC guidelines, and exercise caution for the health and well being of our members, guests, staff and community, you will be asked to leave if you exhibit COVID-19 symptoms.
Commons (Member and Guest Services):
- There is no entry into the Commons lobby. There is a doorbell to communicate with Member and Guest Services. However, there is no entry into the building while waiting. When a staff member opens the front door, please remember to stand 6 feet away from the door to exercise proper social distancing.
- Please make any necessary arrangements ahead of time directly with Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for card renewals, closings and rentals. Cards can be delivered by mail.
- Guest card requests must be made online at www.pelicanbay.org.
- Once you have received confirmation, call 239-597-8081 to prepay with a credit card.
- Alternatively, we are able to mail your cards upon request and with a minimum one week pre-order. Expedited cards can be done with the cost added to your order.
- Take-Out/To-Go food orders and pick-up, normally taken at the host stand, will now be shifted to the Walk-Up window at the beach ramp/multipurpose deck.
- Sandbar bar area is closed. However, you are able to order beverages at the walk-up window and while dining in at Sandbar.
- Reusable water bottles can be filled up at the water machines or purchase bottled water at the walk-up window at Sandbar next to the beach ramp.
- For dinner, reservations MUST be made by calling Sandbar directly at 239-597-2781. Due to limited capacity, there is a high chance that walk-ins will not be accommodated.
- Menus are digital and accessible by QR codes. They can be found on a tram, on the digital boards, or at your table.
- Sandbar now offers a texting program to communicate with the host stand about seating availability prior to your arrival. All you have to do is text the restaurant number at (239) 597-2781 directly from your mobile phone, or go to the Sandbar page and use the chat bubble to send a message.
Beaches and Trams:
- Beach services are available at South Beach and will continue to operate with full hours of operation
- Social distancing is in place for beach chair, umbrella and cabana setup.
- There are no beach services provided at North Beach. However, trams are running to North Beach. (Marker 36 is closed until November.)
- Trams are accommodating only 4 people at a time.
- Riders must wear masks while on trams.
- The Art Studio is open for casual use.
- Photocopies and faxes have been discontinued.
- Computers have been removed from the sitting room. Three open-use card tables remain.
- Furniture has been removed from the Veranda and tennis patio.
- One person at a time is allowed on the stairs. When trying to walk up or down, please wait to see if someone is already on the stairs.
- Only one person is allowed in the elevator. Please stand clear of the doors so that the person in the elevator can exit properly.
- Those requesting use of meeting room space must commit to strictly enforcing the capacity limitations.
- Each type of room set has different distancing considerations.
- To encourage the “Lowest risk” meetings, the Foundation has made arrangements for, and provides the access for entities to utilize Zoom.
- There is no self-serve, or communal, food or beverage service.
- Once the capacity of the room is determined no additional attendees or participants are permitted in the room.
Fitness Center Classes:
- Class size limited to 20.
- Entry is through the Community Center doors and a staff member will check you in at the fitness Front desk.
- Each class is $10 will be by credit card only.
- Equipment will be sanitized prior to class.
- Foot traffic is one direction only and you will proceed directly up the stairs to the classroom.
- After class, you will proceed to the back exit and walk down the outside stairs by the tennis courts.
- For more information on outdoor beach fitness classes, please use the link to click on the beach fitness packet.
Use of Fitness Center:
- Phone and in-person reservations will not be accepted. The maximum number of people allowed per time slot is 25. Reservations can only be made through the MindBody website here.
- Guests may not use the fitness center.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Entry is exclusively through the main front doors of the Community Center. Exit will be through the side doors of the fitness center. The front doors will be programmed to function during regular fitness center hours.
- Check-in and card swipe will continue as before. All transactions will be credit card only.
- One-way traffic patterns will be in effect; indicated by floor signage tape. Please be mindful of social distancing when moving around the facility, entering and exiting.
- Demarcation lines will be marked on the lobby / hallway floor indicating proper waiting distances when needed.
- Some equipment has been removed or re-positioned to provide better distancing.
- Workout time is 50 minutes to allow for cleaning of equipment. You must be out of the facility before the next hour begins. If you finish earlier, please do not wait in the facility.
- There are no changing areas or shower facilities.
- You must bring your own water / containers. Water can also be purchased at the deck.
- Members are required to clean equipment before and after use.
- Appointments will resume through the fitness desk at 239.597.7332.
- Members are to check in at the fitness center. The only entry point is the main front door to the Community Center.
- Both therapist and member are required to wear a face mask. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided to you.
- Treatment rooms will be disinfected after every use.
- In order to maintain low-traffic patterns in the Studio, staggered 30-minute times will be used.
For further clarification on mask policies, all Pelican Bay workers are required to wear a mask and at this time, masks are not required if you are walking or biking on the berm. We advise everyone to carry a mask with them in case you encounter people or go to a facility where a mask is required.