South Beach FireThis past Friday evening, a fire was ignited at South Beach in an area located north of the picnic pod. Residents and staff made efforts to help extinguish the fire until authorities arrived on premises. Fortunately, there were no reports of damage to property or injury. However, the North Naples Fire District determined that the brush fire was caused by a tobacco product.

The Foundation strongly urges members and guests that that there is a no-smoking policy in place which states the following:

No smoking is allowed in any common Foundation areas, including but not limited to the Commons, all tennis courts, all areas around the Community Center, any and all space above or below any deck structure (boardwalks, north and south beach facilities, etc.), and on the beach in any areas where Foundation beach equipment (chaise lounges, chairs, umbrellas and cabanas) have been set and occupied.

We thank you for continued cooperation in helping the Foundation promote and ensure a safe environment for member use at all of our facilities.